Forum: Ruby on Rails Using two select elements (master - slave)

unknown (Guest)
Hi, I am looking for an opinion.

I need to have two select html elements in a form, the selection of the
first
element will determine the elements of the second select.

I do not want to use AJAX, so I think I would like to add a onchange
event in
the first select, but due to my lack of experience in rails I am
somewhat
without ideas on the way of handling this "post back" event.

Thank you for you sugestion,

Paulo A..
Peter F. (Guest)
> without ideas on the way of handling this "post back" event.
>
> Thank you for you sugestion,
>
> Paulo A..

Why do you not want to use AJAX?
--
unknown (Guest)

>> the first select, but due to my lack of experience in rails I am somewhat
>> without ideas on the way of handling this "post back" event.
>>
>> Thank you for you sugestion,
>>

> Why do you not want to use AJAX?

I am just testing different ways for doing the same task.

Paulo A.
Peter F. (Guest)

> Rails mailing list
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

I have experienced the most success lately picking the least painful
option
first.  In this case, AJAX was definitely less painful than handling an
n-way get/post controller function.