Forum: Ruby on Rails RoR, Apache 2, FastCGI

Buntin, Seth - KATE (Guest)
I have everything working and I am really excited about learning Ruby
and Rails. But whenever I access my different defs in my controller it
takes ~ 5 seconds before they are returned. I am working locally so I
don't know what the issue is.

System Details:

Windows XP
Apache 2.0.55
Ruby 1.8.2
Rails 1.0

Seth B.

Web Resources Coordinator

Kentucky Academy of Technology Education

Murray State University
Scott W. (Guest)
On Feb 10, 2006, at 11:23 AM, Buntin, Seth - KATE wrote:

> I have everything working and I am really excited about learning
> Ruby and Rails. But whenever I access my different defs in my
> controller it takes ~ 5 seconds before they are returned. I am
> working locally so I don't know what the issue is.
>
> Seth B.

Seth, odds are good that your requests aren't being processed by
FCGI. Add a little logging to dispatch.cgi and dispatch.fcgi to see
which is called. If that is the problem, check that your .htaccess
file is set up for FCGI.

Scott
Ben R. (Guest)
Seth ~

Keep in mind that development mode will be much slower than production
as
everything is reloaded when the page is rendered.  I have also found
that
after a lot of calls to the app, Apache starts to bloat.  Restarting
Apache
will speed the app back up.  I don't use windows / apache in production,
just for development.

~ Ben
Ben M. (Guest)
If you're just learning, why not just use webrick (run "ruby
script\server" from your
project root dir)?