Forum: Ruby Compiling vim7 with ruby interpreter

Mark W. (Guest)
Hi all,
I've asked this on the vim list as well, so sorry for the cross posting

I'm trying to compile snapshot 195 of vim 7 on kubuntu (debian)

using ./configure --enable-rubyinterpreter --enable-perlinterpreter
failed for both.

One of the guys on the vim list suggested:
'apt-get install libperl-dev'
which fixed the perl issue.

Is there a similar library/package I need for ruby.
Ruby's functional (ie I can :!Ruby % from inside vim) but I'm trying to
configure the ruby interpreter at compile time

any suggestions appreciated

thanks,
David V. (Guest)
DÅ?a Piatok 10 Február 2006 14:18 Mark W. napísal:
> which fixed the perl issue.
> Mark
libruby-dev or libruby1.8-dev? I wonder if someone asked / told the
Ubuntu
packagers to provide a metapackage that corresponds to the standard Ruby
distribution, I hate having to hunt and peck across aptitude (Yea,
verily the
god and king of APT frontends) to get all the bits and pieces.

David V.
Christian N. (Guest)
Mark W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> which fixed the perl issue.