Forum: Ruby Ruby injected into Practices of an Agile Developer

Bil K. (Guest)
I recently had the pleasure to help review the
upcoming Pragmatic Bookshelf title, /Practices
of an Agile Developer/,

  http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/pad/

I don't know if was just me, or other reviewers
like Chad had a hand in it, but the final draft
that just came back had several mentions of Ruby.
RDoc also made it in.

Also, I (and others?) pointed out that the word
"compile" was a bit too old school for an "agile"
book, and it too changed in the final draft.

If you found /The Pragmatic Programmer/ a must-read
(although painfully lacking the "Ruby" word), you'll
definitely want to read this new title when it
becomes available next month.

Regards,
Matthew J.son (Guest)
> I recently had the pleasure to help review the
> upcoming Pragmatic Bookshelf title, /Practices
> of an Agile Developer/,
>
> If you found /The Pragmatic Programmer/ a must-read
> (although painfully lacking the "Ruby" word), you'll
> definitely want to read this new title when it
> becomes available next month.

I also had the opportunity to assist in reviewing this book and must
concur that it's an excellent read.

Regards,
Matthew
Gavri F. (Guest)
On 2/10/06, Bil K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> If you found /The Pragmatic Programmer/ a must-read
> (although painfully lacking the "Ruby" word), you'll
> definitely want to read this new title when it
> becomes available next month.

The book was written before the pragmatic programmers' love affair
with Ruby, but Ruby is mentioned in passing in the book. I think they
were just beginning to discover the joys of Ruby then.

P.S: Just thought I'd provide that almost totally useless piece of
information.