Forum: Ruby on Rails Error: Before updating scaffolding from new DB schema, try c

Tirta K. Untario (Guest)
Hi all,

I'm new to Rails, I know this is a classic error, but I cannot resolve
it anyhow :(

This is my system config:
Windows XP SP2
Ruby 1.8.2 -> installed using windows installer version
Rails 1.0.0
MySql 4.1.10

I followed the instruction on rubyonrails.org, exactly step by step.
But the error occur everytime I tried to generate scaffold or generate
model.

I tried to googling around, I tried to reinstall Ruby's mysql library
using gem, but it failed.

Help anyone? I'm totally stuck here :(

--
Tirta K. Untario
Craig W. (Guest)
On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 12:57 +0700, Tirta K. Untario wrote:

> I followed the instruction on rubyonrails.org, exactly step by step.
> But the error occur everytime I tried to generate scaffold or generate
> model.
>
> I tried to googling around, I tried to reinstall Ruby's mysql library
> using gem, but it failed.
>
> Help anyone? I'm totally stuck here :(
----
Can you connect to mysql in other ways?

Did you set up a table?

Are you using new or old style hashed passwords in mysql (must be new
style)?

What instructions are you following?

You're not offering much in terms of information.

Craig
Ben M. (Guest)
How are you invoking script/generate? What tables do you have in your
db? Did you edit
your database.yml appropriately?

Tirta K. Untario (Guest)
Hi all,

Thanks for Craig and Ben, I solved the problem :)

I use PHP4 for main web development language, and I changed hashed
password for MySQL to the old one long time ago. So that's where the
problem lies...

--
Tirta K. Untario