Forum: Ruby DICOM Tool Kit in Ruby

mac (Guest)
Good Morning,
Just wanted to let people know that I am working on a DICOM tool kit in
Ruby. So far I have completed classes for reading in DICOM images and
dumping the header. I have the netwrok layer coded completely and can do
association negotiation and receive images and save them to the disk. I
am
working on Query/Retrieve now. I am hoping that by Mid march I will have
prety much working DICOM SCP. I plan to release it to the public at that
time. If anybody is interested in working with me in completing this
tool
kit, let me know. At some point I will need some help.

Thanks.
Mark S. (Guest)
Sounds really interesting, thanks for your work. Any plans on the
license?

Unfortunately, I don't have time to help out with this just now, but
I'll
definitely be keeping an eye on this - it happens to have cropped at an
excellent time :)

Mark
mac (Guest)
I will release it on Ruby license, open source. I have over 10 years
DICOM
experience and I wanted to learn Ruby, so I wrote the tool kit.
Philip R. (Guest)
Mac,

I am starting to learn Ruby as well and am interested in this project -
I could probably help with testing & debugging etc.

Regards,

Phil.

--
Philip R.

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW      2001
Australia
Mobile:  +61:(0)411-185-652
Fax:     +61:(0)2-8221-9599
E-mail:  removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Daniel Völkerts (Guest)
Go on! Very, very nice. Are there any websites about your project?
mac (Guest)
I dont have any web site yet, but will soon. I want this project to be
at
least at 0.1 release. Thanks for the encouragement.
Daniel Völkerts (Guest)
mac schrieb:
> I dont have any web site yet, but will soon. I want this project to be at
> least at 0.1 release. Thanks for the encouragement.

Great! Please post an annoucement, I'll looking for it. Finally a usage
of ruby in medical environment ;) I'll have to write my bachelor thesis
next year in medical computer science. I hope that I can do it the ruby
way ;)

Greetings,