Forum: Ruby Web Host

unknown (Guest)
I'm looking for a web host that supports Ruby. I'd like to runn Ruby on
Rails and Instiki. Any experience and recommendation?
Thanks.
David V. (Guest)
DÅ?a Å tvrtok 09 Február 2006 01:38 removed_email_address@domain.invalid
napísal:
> I'm looking for a web host that supports Ruby. I'd like to runn Ruby on
> Rails and Instiki. Any experience and recommendation?
> Thanks.

Brief googlage yields amongst other resources:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/RailsWebHosts

Someone else over here or on the rails lists might actually have
personal
experiences.

For personal projects, you can as well run a server on your own box,
this has
served me quite well for now.

David V.
Aaron K. (Guest)
> I'm looking for a web host that supports Ruby. I'd like to runn Ruby on
> Rails and Instiki. Any experience and recommendation?
> Thanks.

I am going to be offering Virtual Private Server space for $30-40/mo.
depending on the amount of storage space.  You will have root access,
and 20GB of space.  I run Gentoo, and you'd be free to install what
you wanted.

Since I'm planning on offering this to a very limited number of people
I will be personally available for any technical quesions related to
Gentoo.

My goal is to use the funds from hosting to pay for my colocation
fees, and a modest profit to support my technical library, so the idea
is not getting rich.  I just want to keep things easy to manage and a
good deal for all involved

Contact me if you have any questions.

Aaron K.
(Guest)
Site5.com seems low cost
unknown (Guest)
I found the dreamhost to be excellent. Full support for Ruby. I run
instiki on my own website