Forum: Ruby Ruby IDE and remote development

Neowulf (Guest)
Hi all,

I just thought I'd throw this out there are find out how other people
tackle this issue.

We currently run a WinXP based SOE in my organisation.

I do most of my Ruby development on a remote Fedora-4 box.

What I'd really like to do is develop code with Eclipse/RDT but execute
and debug the code on the remote server, using the remote environment.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've already thought of using X, but I'm not sure this is such a great
idea security wise.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Matthew S. (Guest)
On Feb 8, 2006, at 23:23, Neowulf wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> I've already thought of using X, but I'm not sure this is such a great
> idea security wise.

Are you using X over SSH?  If not, that might be an idea.  If so,
what's insecure about X over SSH, 'cause I use that a lot.

matthew smillie.