Forum: Ruby Newbie

unknown (Guest)
Hi all, hope this is the right place ...

I just started learning Ruby and as my first project I'm trying to
migrate
a web front-end for SalesForce.com that was written in PHP.  The old PHP
site used SOAP to interact with SalesForce.com and that seems to work
great so I figure I'd start hunting around for docs to see if anyone
else
had done the leg work (no point in reinventing the wheel and all).

I didn't find anything on SOAP and the docs were cryptic to me
(remember,
I'm still learning this stuff).  I did run across one site that used
XMLRPC rather than SOAP so I decided to give that a try.

When you connect/login to SalesForce.com they send you a session_id that
needs to be placed in the HTTP header as a cookie.  When I go to set it
in
the XMLRPC object:

server = XMLRPC::Client.new(host, path)
server.cookie = result['session_id']

I'm getting the following error:

./sforce.rb:100:in `reinitialize_server': undefined method `cookie' for
#<XMLRPC::Client:0x2beaf18> (NoMethodError)

I checked the XMLRPC class (which seems to come with Ruby) and it has an
attr_accessor for :cookie as well as a cookie variable in the initialize
method and yet I can't set/get it.  I could really use a pointer in the
right direction here, I feel like I'm spinning my wheels.

Thanks,
David
Logan C. (Guest)
On Feb 8, 2006, at 5:19 PM, removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

> has an

Well I don't know much (if anything) about XMLRPC or SOAP, but if you
want to try to work with the SOAP interface, this will probably help:
http://dev.ctor.org/soap4r