Forum: Ruby on Rails REST / WS adapter for Rails

Richard Cunningham (Guest)
Is anyone building an adapter that would enable a Rails
application to interface to a REST or SOAP web API?
It would enable a Rails app to consume REST or SOAP
via a model. Or is not worth the effort because web
services are so different from databases, even though
they are typically data sources?

Please reply to removed_email_address@domain.invalid.

--
Richard Cunningham                      E-Mail:
removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Maybe this will do what you want:

http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/2005/11/02/rest-on-rails.html

Frankly, I had some trouble getting to actually *work* but once I'd
gotten over that hurdle, I appreciate its utility.

-Mark
Alex Y. (Guest)
Richard Cunningham wrote:
> Is anyone building an adapter that would enable a Rails
> application to interface to a REST or SOAP web API?
Google SOAP::Marshal... Looks like it's already been done.