Forum: Ruby on Rails testing with loginengine and userengine

Jason E. (Guest)
Hi all,

My unit tests and functional tests are failing because my tests aren't
authenticated. I'm using using user engine and login engine.

How can I fake authentication to make my tests work properly.

Thanks,
Jason E.
Dee Z. (Guest)
Jason E. wrote:
> My unit tests and functional tests are failing because my tests aren't
> authenticated. I'm using using user engine and login engine.
>
> How can I fake authentication to make my tests work properly.

You'll need to sneak an authenticated user into the session

@request.session[:user] =
User.find_by_email("removed_email_address@domain.invalid")

best place for this is the suite's setup method

zsombor