Forum: Ruby on Rails port used by webrick

Craig W. (Guest)
I have been using webrick via FreeNX connection and had to reboot
server. Apparently the FreeNX 'nxagent' claimed port 3000 at startup -
before I could log in and try running webrick - which of course won't
start because port 3000 is already in use. How can I change the webrick
port (Linux)?

Craig
Craig W. (Guest)
On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 06:23 -0700, Craig W. wrote:
> I have been using webrick via FreeNX connection and had to reboot
> server. Apparently the FreeNX 'nxagent' claimed port 3000 at startup -
> before I could log in and try running webrick - which of course won't
> start because port 3000 is already in use. How can I change the webrick
> port (Linux)?
----
nevermind...apparently I need my morning coffee...

ruby script/server -p 8000

Craig