Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: keeping plugins up to date [was: template choice error (

Parker T. (Guest)
n 2/6/06, Cody F. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Parker,
>
> I had missed one of the patches from the Rails trunk, but that is
> fixed now.  Try checking out the latest version of the plugin from the
> svn repository.  The problem occurred when using render :layout =>
> false. The latest revision is 17.  Let me know if you continue to have
> problems with the latest version.

Ah great, thanks.

Here's another question for you.  Not a rails/plugin question per se,
more of a source management thing, but I'm feeling like my solution is
non-optimal.

I wanted to add this plugin to a project I'm working on with some
folks, so I grabbed the thing, added it to my own svn repository and
committed it so we'd all have the src (and the same version).  So now
if I svn update the thing it's looking at my repository, not yours,
which makes it inconvenient to keep up to date.

To upgrade what I did was grab a new copy, then used rsync to get my
stuff up to date, svn diff'ed to see what files I'd changed, and
committed, fixing my problems.

This works ok, but I can't help but think there's a better way.  I'm
curious how other folks are handling this situation.

Thanks much,

pt.
--
Parker T.
http://www.parkert.com/
On Feb 6, 2006, at 5:24 PM, Parker T. wrote:

> which makes it inconvenient to keep up to date.
> pt.
> --

Parker-

	You should look into svn:externals. That way all of your people can
have the same version but still get to svn up from the original source.

Cheers-
-Ezra Z.
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster