Forum: Ruby on Rails RTRails now open sourced

Martin S. (Guest)
on 2006-02-06 19:05
Hi, if anyone is interested in HTTP streaming and realtime
communication:

Our RTRails project is now finished.

I uploaded RTRails to Rubyforge. Here is the project page:
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rtrails/

Here is a video showing two browsers using the app, Safari in Pull mode,
Firefox in push mode:
http://www.uni-weimar.de/~scheffl2/amsterdam/video.php

Here is a technical paper about the system:
http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/1251/314/Coop...

The live demo is still running at http://ccml01.medien.uni-weimar.de/

Sorry if something does not work for you, I did not have time to
optimize the system for every browser out there. Also, it seems to be
pretty slow under Firefox, DIV handling complexity seems to rise
nonlinear, so many windows=>slow.

It seems that the rubyforge mirroring system does not work so great,
please use CVS checkout if you want to get the source.

Cheers,
Martin
Hammed M. (Guest)
Martin,

I enjoyed testing the demo application and reading the whitepaper.
Thanks
for sharing.

Hammed
Ezra Z. (Guest)
Martin-

	Very cool demo. I am in need of something like this already so i
will test it and give feedback once I get familiar with it.

Nice job-
-Ezra

On Feb 6, 2006, at 9:05 AM, Martin S. wrote:

> Firefox in push mode:
> optimize the system for every browser out there. Also, it seems to be

-Ezra Z.
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
http://yakimaherald.com
509-577-7732
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Roberto S. (Guest)
I can't download the files from rubyforge, I get a 404 error.
Matt S. (Guest)
This looks awesome Martin...  I was about to start researching something
similar to this.  Very cool!

Thank you for being so generous.

- Matt