Forum: Ruby on Rails how do i reload a module in the vendor directory?

travis michel (Guest)
This seems like a fairly straight forward question.  I have code in the
vendor directory.
Any modifications that I make to the code are not respected.  My rails
app
is in development mode so I would expect any require 'code' to be
re-parsed.  But this is not occuring... How so?  I have a test to post
if I
need to, but I get the feeling that I am just missing something simple.
will spare the test for the moment.

If it is imporant, I am using lighttpd 1.3.14, rails 1.0.0, and
actionpack
1.11.2.

Best regards,
Travis Michel.
unknown (Guest)
Hello,

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 02:03:35AM -0900, travis michel wrote:
> This seems like a fairly straight forward question.  I have code in the
> vendor directory.
> Any modifications that I make to the code are not respected.  My rails app
> is in development mode so I would expect any require 'code' to be
> re-parsed.  But this is not occuring... How so?  I have a test to post if I
> need to, but I get the feeling that I am just missing something simple.  I
> will spare the test for the moment.

Rails doesn't parse the require to reload files. It uses its own
dependency
system. You can use model, observer or service method to create custom
dependencies. look at
http://api.rubyonrails.com/classes/ActionControlle...

Hope it helps,

Damien
travis michel (Guest)
Thank you Damien, That was exactly the kind of explanation I needed to
understand what was happening.