Forum: Ruby on Rails helping with scriptaculous/Thomas Fuchs MIA?

Peter M. (Guest)

In the last few days I've been working a lot on rewriting the
dragdrop.js code. I've made changes for what I think is stronger
object-oriented design and made more parallels between how Droppbables
and Draggables are coded and instantiated. I have multiple selection
and dragging of draggables working and droppables can accept multiple
draggables in one drop. There are some other little changes too.

The backwards compatiable rewrite is not quite ready for release yet.
I have to clean up some details and then make sure that Sortables is
still working. I think soon I'll have it all working so that I can
easily build something like Finder on my Mac. A very cool drag-drop
admin interface for store.rb project.

Of course I'd like to make all these changes available to the Rails
world. I've tried twice this week to email Thomas F. at
removed_email_address@domain.invalid but I've had no response. Is that the
correct address
to send the new dragdrop.js?

Thanks,
Peter
Jonathan W. (Guest)
Peter M. wrote:

> Of course I'd like to make all these changes available to the Rails
> world. I've tried twice this week to email Thomas F. at
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid but I've had no response. Is that the correct
address
> to send the new dragdrop.js?

You could try the scriptaculous mailing list

Jonathan
Peter W. (Guest)
Hi Peter,
	I would be very interested in what you are working on. Could you
send me a copy of your code? Do you have a demo running ?

PW
On 4-Feb-06, at 11:32 AM, Peter M. wrote:

> I have to clean up some details and then make sure that Sortables is
> Peter

Peter W.
On 4/12/06, Peter W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>         I would be very interested in what you are working on. Could you
> send me a copy of your code? Do you have a demo running ?
>
> PW

Hi Peter,

I became frustrated with the code. These days I don't like Prototype
much. I have decided to go in another direction with my project
(Yahoo! UI). However I was almost finished the rewrite to the
scriptaculous dragdrop library. It takes care of many tickets and
other improvements. It is still buggy but if someone wants to continue
my work they can have the code I produced. The frustration came from
the buggy positioning which I think came from outside the dragdrop
script.

I will email you a demo of the buggy code that I sent to another person.

Peter