Forum: Ruby on Rails CIA question

Joe Van D. (Guest)

I'd like to set up CIA.  So I added the plugin to my app, went to my
subversion server, added the post commit, added a build directory.

I checked out the code in the build directory on the svn server.
However, running rake on it fails, because the test database is empty
(i.e. no tables, so fixtures don't load).

What's the solution here?
Jonathan W. (Guest)
Joe Van D. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to set up CIA.  So I added the plugin to my app, went to my
> subversion server, added the post commit, added a build directory.
>
> I checked out the code in the build directory on the svn server.
> However, running rake on it fails, because the test database is empty
> (i.e. no tables, so fixtures don't load).
>
> What's the solution here?

rake clone_schema_to_test
# Recreate the test database from the current environment's database
schema.

rake clone_structure_to_test
# Recreate the test databases from the development structure

Jonathan
Joe Van D. (Guest)
On 2/4/06, Jonathan W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > What's the solution here?
>

> rake clone_schema_to_test
> # Recreate the test database from the current environment's database schema.
>
> rake clone_structure_to_test
> # Recreate the test databases from the development structure

So, I have to have a schema.rb or a development_structure.sql file
available?  I don't have any, it's all based on migrations now.

And, if I want to change how CIA works with regards to migrations, I
have to dive into the source to change the default rake tasks?