Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] Rolling with Ruby on *Instant* Rails - "New" Tutorial

Bill W. (Guest)
Greetings!

The original version of this tutorial was written by Curt H. and
published on ONLamp.com. It served as my introduction to both Ruby and
Rails. Unfortunately, I experienced some frustration working through it.
This was due first to the fact that I was using Instant Rails, not
Rails, and second, to the fact that Rails itself has grown since Curt
wrote the article. Despite my frustration, the payoff was huge. Ruby on
[Instant]Rails ROCKS!!! In an effort to help "fuel the fire" I decided,
with his blessing, to update Curt's article to make it 100%
keystroke-for-keystroke, window-for-window accurate for someone using
this same tutorial for InstantRails Release 1.0 installed on Windows
2000, SP4.  All feedback is welcome.

It's at
http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Rol...

Best regards,
Bill
Curt H. (Guest)
FYI...

[...]

Paul R. (Guest)
On 3 Feb 2006, at 22:02, Bill W. wrote:

> article to make it 100% keystroke-for-keystroke, window-for-window
> accurate for someone using this same tutorial for InstantRails
> Release 1.0 installed on Windows 2000, SP4.  All feedback is welcome.
>
> It's at http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?
> Rolling_With_Ruby_On_Instant_Rails_Tutorial

I've added it to a squidoo lens here:

http://www.squidoo.com/learnrubyonrails

If anybody else has any resources - I've been out of the loop for a
few weeks, can they e-mail me off-list and when I give the page an
overhaul tomorrow, I'll make sure it gets included. Thanks!

P.S. - Great work Bill!