From: Bill W. [email protected]
Date: Feb 3, 2006 4:02 PM
Subject: [Rails] [ANN] Rolling with Ruby on Instant Rails - “New”
Tutorial
To: [email protected], [email protected],
[email protected]

Greetings!

The original version of this tutorial was written by Curt H. and
published on ONLamp.com. It served as my introduction to both Ruby and
Rails. Unfortunately, I experienced some frustration working through
it. This was due first to the fact that I was using Instant Rails, not
Rails, and second, to the fact that Rails itself has grown since Curt
wrote the article. Despite my frustration, the payoff was huge. Ruby
on [Instant]Rails ROCKS!!! In an effort to help “fuel the fire” I
decided, with his blessing, to update Curt’s article to make it 100%
keystroke-for-keystroke, window-for-window accurate for someone using
this same tutorial for InstantRails Release 1.0 installed on Windows
2000, SP4. All feedback is welcome.

It’s at
http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Rolling_With_Ruby_On_Instant_Rails_Tutorial

Best regards,
Bill

On 3 Feb 2006, at 22:02, Bill W. wrote:

article to make it 100% keystroke-for-keystroke, window-for-window
accurate for someone using this same tutorial for InstantRails
Release 1.0 installed on Windows 2000, SP4. All feedback is welcome.

It’s at http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?
Rolling_With_Ruby_On_Instant_Rails_Tutorial

I’ve added it to a squidoo lens here:

http://www.squidoo.com/learnrubyonrails

If anybody else has any resources - I’ve been out of the loop for a
few weeks, can they e-mail me off-list and when I give the page an
overhaul tomorrow, I’ll make sure it gets included. Thanks!

P.S. - Great work Bill!