Forum: Ruby Hie Rubyists!

Shubhra (Guest)
Hello ppl!

Its great to c all of u rolling here..
I hv just joined in and obv wanted a lil help..
I hv done quite a bit with Ruby and now moving to RoR..
Can any of u provide me with a good tutorial or an ebook for Ruby On
Rails..whr it starts right from the scratch. Like developing simple web
applications..etc etc.
Hope its not a trouble.
Waiting.
Thanks and Regards.

--
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.

-Abraham Lincoln
Doug B. (Guest)
I never used to be so prickly about spelling but please, _please _ use
complete words - not 'text speak'.  Its infuriating when reading text
all day to have some thats lazily thrown together, like its on a
mobile phone.

it has numerous links to tutorials (from scratch) and ebooks.

Here: www.rubyonrails.org
Lyle J. (Guest)
On 2/3/06, Shubhra <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Thanks and Regards.
Welcome, Shubhra!

I wld rcmd Agl Wb Dvpt w Rls fm teh Pgtc Pgmrs. Sm othr Rls bks r on
teh way sn 2.

Hope this helps,

Lyle
Shubhra (Guest)
Thanks!
:) I'll try look into these tomorrow. Packing up for the day.
Thanks again.
@Doug : I'll be careful in future.

--
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.

-Abraham Lincoln
Jeffrey S. (Guest)
Shubhra wrote:
> Thanks and Regards.
I think you've been working with Python a little too long.

Try the documents listed here:

   http://www.rubyonrails.org/docs

I'm currently working my way through the Poignant Guide.  It's...  uh...
  non-traditional. :)
Shubhra (Guest)
Yeah!
I am through Poignant guide already.
Loads of stories man !!
Bores me after a while.

--
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.

-Abraham Lincoln
Xavier N. (Guest)
On Feb 3, 2006, at 14:10, Shubhra wrote:

> Hello ppl!
>
> Its great to c all of u rolling here..
> I hv just joined in and obv wanted a lil help..
> I hv done quite a bit with Ruby and now moving to RoR..
> Can any of u provide me with a good tutorial or an ebook for Ruby On
> Rails..whr it starts right from the scratch. Like developing simple
> web
> applications..etc etc.
> Hope its not a trouble.

I swear that was quite a challenge for my poorly prototyped foreigner
English parsing brain routines.

There's an excellent ebook here:

    http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails/

and there's a mailing list for RoR here:

-- fxn
why the lucky stiff (Guest)
Shubhra wrote:

>Yeah!