Forum: Ruby on Rails Accessing external library

Cuong L. (Guest)
Hi all,
I have been trying to design a Web front end for common unix sysadmin
tasks
(similar to http://www.webmin.com)
Does any one here have any recommendation as to how I can parse unix
configuration file from Rails controller?

Not trying to reinvent the wheel but just want to learn more about
Rails.

Thanks
Giles B. (Guest)
Hi Cuong, that should be pretty easy. First create a model for the
file, give that model a .parse() method, and then have the controller
call that method on the model. You want all the real code inside the
model.

The method itself should be pretty easy -- just open the file and use
regular expressions.

Giles

On 2/2/06, Cuong L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

Giles Goat Boy