Forum: Ruby on Rails Inserting svn revision into site

Joe Van D. (Guest)

Say I wanted to know what svn revision a given site was using, simply
from looking at the site.  How could I embed that information into the
page (into maybe a html comment or in the page footer)?  A switchtower
task?

Joe
Blair Z. (Guest)
Joe Van D. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Say I wanted to know what svn revision a given site was using, simply
> from looking at the site.  How could I embed that information into the
> page (into maybe a html comment or in the page footer)?  A switchtower
> task?

Two ways.  In each view, you could put into an X/HTML comment <!--
$Revision -->
and set the svn:keywords property.  See

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07s02.html#sv...

for more information.

The other way is to use svnversion, run it over the working copy, and
save it's
output somewhere, maybe as a static file in the public folder.

Regards,
Blair

--
Blair Z., Ph.D.