Forum: Ruby How to make beep sounds?

unknown (Guest)
Dear all,

is there an easy way to output a beep sound (maybe with
length/frequency
parameters?) in Ruby?

Thanks,

Axel
Tanner B. (Guest)

puts 7.chr

It's just a normal annoying system beep.  I'm sure there are other ways,
but
for just a simple "get your attention" beep, it works fine.
William J. (Guest)
Tanner B. wrote:

> puts 7.chr
>
> It's just a normal annoying system beep.  I'm sure there are other ways, but
> for just a simple "get your attention" beep, it works fine.

puts "\aThe pot is boiling over!"