Forum: Ruby on Rails Table naming - Can't name table name as Tables

Mohammed Saleem (Guest)
Hi All,

When I name a table as Tables, I am unable to generate the scaffold for
it.  Is there any restriction for naming tables as Tables?

FYI:  I have changed the name of the table to DataStore and it works
now.

Any light on this will be helpful...
Mikkel B. (Guest)
on 2006-02-02 12:21
Mohammed Saleem wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> When I name a table as Tables, I am unable to generate the scaffold for
> it.  Is there any restriction for naming tables as Tables?
>
> FYI:  I have changed the name of the table to DataStore and it works
> now.
>
> Any light on this will be helpful...

there is some reserved words in rails/ruby/database...tables would be
one of them...