Forum: Ruby rails installation - incompatible rake ?

Nirav (Guest)
What do I need to do inorder to install rails? - Thx -ND

C:\>gem install rails
Attempting local installation of 'rails'
ERROR:  Error installing gem rails[.gem]: rails requires rake >= 0.6.2

C:\>gem install rails-1.0.0.gem
Attempting local installation of 'rails-1.0.0.gem'
ERROR:  Error installing gem rails-1.0.0.gem[.gem]: rails requires rake
Jim W. (Guest)
on 2006-02-02 00:36
Nirav wrote:
> What do I need to do inorder to install rails? - Thx -ND
>

> C:\>gem install rails
> Attempting local installation of 'rails'
> ERROR:  Error installing gem rails[.gem]: rails requires rake >= 0.6.2
>

> C:\>gem install rails-1.0.0.gem
> Attempting local installation of 'rails-1.0.0.gem'
> ERROR:  Error installing gem rails-1.0.0.gem[.gem]: rails requires rake

The rails gem has dependencies on a number of other gems.  When
installed from the net, the dependencies are resolved automatically.
When you install a local .gem file, you must get all the dependent gems
as well and install them first.

If you have net access, the easiest way is to use the command:

   gem install rails --include-dependencies --remote

--
-- Jim W.