Forum: Ruby Sqlite3 error on Mac OS X

Dan M. (Guest)

I am having problems with sqlite connectivy.  When I use the require
command with 'SQLite3' everything works fine.  The problem is that
active record uses 'sqlite'.  I was hoping to get some advice on the
best way to get everything in sync.

irb(main):001:0> require 'rubygems'
=> true
irb(main):002:0> require 'SQLite3'
=> true
irb(main):003:0> require 'sqlite'
LoadError: no such file to load -- sqlite
        from
/opt/local/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in
`require__'
        from
/opt/local/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in
`require'
        from (irb):3
irb(main):004:0>

Thanks,
Dan
Hans F. (Guest)
Is the problem in your database.yml file?

development:
  adapter: sqlite3
  dbfile: db/dev.db
Dan M. (Guest)
That was my problem, thanks for your help.
Jamis B. (Guest)
On Feb 1, 2006, at 2:38 PM, Dan M. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having problems with sqlite connectivy.  When I use the require
> command with 'SQLite3' everything works fine.  The problem is that
> active record uses 'sqlite'.  I was hoping to get some advice on the
> best way to get everything in sync.

Note that 'sqlite' and 'sqlite3' are distinct. require 'sqlite' tries
to bring in the Sqlite 2.x bindings. Try doing "gem install sqlite-
ruby" and then just do "require 'sqlite'" and you should be good.

That, or configure AR to use sqlite3 instead of sqlite:

   adapter: sqlite3

- Jamis
Marius Friis (Guest)
Did you install it using rubygems?
Had a similar problem after installing it with a gem, couldnt get it
working. In the end i
downloaded the source and compiled it myself, worked fine after that.
seems to be some
sort of gem issue on os x or some such.

  - Marius