Forum: Ruby on Rails Bus error when running Hieraki

Kim S. (Guest)
I have been trying to set up Hieraki 2.0.1 and I cannot seem to
get it running.  I am running on FreeBSD 5.4, Ruby 1.8.4,
Apache 2.0.55, Mysql 4.1.16, ruby-mysql 2.7, mod_scgi 1.9,
scgi_rails 4.3 and Rails 1.0.  I can start up the wiki, get
it to display the home page, and when I click on the signup link
the signup form displays.  When I fill in the signup form and
click the signup button, the hieraki app crashes with a bus error.
When I look in the log, it appears that it has inserted the user
information into the users table and it has inserted a row into
the pages table.  Right after the insert into the pages table,
is when the bus error occurs.

I have tried recompiling everything.  I have tried running Hieraki
under Webrick.  I have tried running Hieraki using edge Rails.  I
have made sure the database is initialized properly using the
provided schema.

I have turned on tracing and tracked the execution to doing a
notify call for the before_validation callback on an instance of
FolderRevisionMeta.

Anybody seen anything like this?

Kim
--
  Kim S. - principal, Shrier and Deihl -
mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Remote Unix Network Admin, Security, Internet Software Development
   Tinker Internet Services - Superior FreeBSD-based Web Hosting
                      http://www.tinker.com/
Kim S. (Guest)
I have tracked down the problem and I thought I would post the
solution to the list in case anybody else runs into this.  I
had originally installed ruby 1.8.4 using the port in
/usr/ports/lang/ruby18.  This compiles ruby with pthread support.
I noticed when doing a postmortem on the core file that it was
dying while trying to change threads.  I have compiled ruby
without pthread support using the port in
/usr/ports/lang/ruby18-nopthreads and everything seems to be
working fine now.

Kim