Forum: Ruby on Rails Login works in dev but not in production

Ste H. (Guest)

I've implemented the login code from the Agile rails book and it works
perfectly in local development but as soon as I put it into production
it wont accept usernames/passwords. It just goes straight back to login
page.

Any ideas? thanks
Ben R. (Guest)
Does your production database have users/passwords?

~Ben
Ste H. (Guest)
on 2006-02-01 18:06
Yes I triple checked

Ben R. wrote:
> Does your production database have users/passwords?
>
> ~Ben
Ben R. (Guest)
Hi Ste ~

I would try tailing the log to see what is going on behind the scenes.
That way you can see if the SQL is being sent off to the database or not
and
narrow your problem.

tail -f ./log/production.log

~ Ben
Adam D. (Guest)
is there a flash[:notice] error you can throw in there to find out
what the error is ?
Sky Y. (Guest)
Does 'add user' function work?

On 1/31/06, Ste H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

Blog >>> http://spaces.msn.com/members/skyincookoo
Ste H. (Guest)
on 2006-02-01 20:37
No I get no flash error message and if I go to the add user page it just
asks me to log in.

This is what production log is saying:

Processing LoginController#login (for ########### at 2006-02-01
10:34:37) [POST]
  Parameters: {"user"=>{"name"=>"####", "password"=>"####"},
"action"=>"login", "controller"=>"login"}
Rendering  within layouts/store
Rendering login/login
Completed in 0.02476 (40 reqs/sec) | Rendering: 0.00901 (36%) | DB:
0.00733 (29%) | 200 OK [http://dev.######.com/login/login]

Parts of log hashed for security reasons....