Forum: Ruby on Rails Liquid templates and forms

Roberto S. (Guest)
I have started to experiment with Liquid templates and all goes fine as
long
as I just display my stuff.

But I want to get user input (using forms), and I couldn't figure out so
far
whether and how liquid facilitates the use of forms, something like the
form
helper tags in .rhtml.

Anybody knows about that ?
Kris L. (Guest)
on 2006-02-08 17:17
I think you have to do the forms long hand, ie. use normal HTML instead
of using helpers! It would be great if they could use helpers, maybe it
can be patched?

The one trouble I had was I wanted to use liquid but not keep the
templates in the database. It seems you can't have layout and views like
erb, just one file with everything.

Roberto S. wrote:
> I have started to experiment with Liquid templates and all goes fine as
> long
> as I just display my stuff.
>
> But I want to get user input (using forms), and I couldn't figure out so
> far
> whether and how liquid facilitates the use of forms, something like the
> form
> helper tags in .rhtml.
>
> Anybody knows about that ?
Roberto S. (Guest)
I actually is pretty simple to create nice liquid wrappers, take a look
at
mephisto which has a wrapper for  a weblog user-comments form

http://collaboa.techno-weenie.net/repository/browse/mephisto