Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails installation fails!

ND (Guest)
on 2006-01-31 01:29
What do I need to do inorder to install rails? - Thx -ND

C:\>gem install rails
Attempting local installation of 'rails'
ERROR:  Error installing gem rails[.gem]: rails requires rake >= 0.6.2

C:\>gem install rails-1.0.0.gem
Attempting local installation of 'rails-1.0.0.gem'
ERROR:  Error installing gem rails-1.0.0.gem[.gem]: rails requires rake
Alex Y. (Guest)
ND wrote:
> What do I need to do inorder to install rails? - Thx -ND
>
> C:\>gem install rails
gem install rails --include-dependencies
Daan (Guest)
on 2006-04-14 15:07
Alex Y. wrote:
> ND wrote:
>> What do I need to do inorder to install rails? - Thx -ND
>>
>> C:\>gem install rails
> gem install rails --include-dependencies

when i use the following install command on my windows server
gem install rails --include-dependencies

i get the following error:
ERROR:  Error installing gem rails[.gem]: rails requires rake >= 0.7.1

Thanks in advance
Luis L. (Guest)
on 2006-04-15 10:57
Daan wrote:
> Alex Y. wrote:
>> ND wrote:
>>> What do I need to do inorder to install rails? - Thx -ND
>>>
>>> C:\>gem install rails
>> gem install rails --include-dependencies
>

> when i use the following install command on my windows server
> gem install rails --include-dependencies
>
> i get the following error:
> ERROR:  Error installing gem rails[.gem]: rails requires rake >= 0.7.1
>
> Thanks in advance

rake is another utility distributed in gem form. try installing rake
first, THEN installing rails.

I guess the computer you're installing it don't have internet
connection? when installing rails, the other gems are pulled form server
to satisfy the dependencies.

HTH,

Luis