Forum: Ruby on Rails WEBrick not starting

Theodore M. (Guest)
I'm running WinXP and recently upgraded to the most recent version of
rails. Unfortunately script/server gives me

Booting WEBrick...

Then it silently dies without starting. My previous version of rails
can still run WEBrick just fine.

Anybody seen this?

-Theo
Jake J. (Guest)
on 2006-01-29 21:07
Theodore M. wrote:
> I'm running WinXP and recently upgraded to the most recent version of
> rails. Unfortunately script/server gives me
>
> Booting WEBrick...
>
> Then it silently dies without starting. My previous version of rails
> can still run WEBrick just fine.
>
> Anybody seen this?
>
> -Theo

This often occurs if things are setup improperly with the database.
Though, if you haven't changed anything, I'm not sure...
Theodore M. (Guest)
FYI, It looks like this was due to the globalization plugin I had
installed. Once I removed it, WEBrick started up again.

Granted, I had only installed the globalization plugin and hadn't run
its migration procedure, so that could have corrected the problem as
well.