Forum: Ruby Ruby source directories

Mark V. (Guest)
I know under the lib/ruby directory
the 1.8 directory holds built-in and standard library Ruby source code
and
the gems directory holds Ruby source code for libraries install as gems.

What gets placed in site_ruby? Is it libraries not installed as gems?
Why does it contain tk code?
Matthew S. (Guest)
On Jan 28, 2006, at 13:48, Mark V. wrote:

> I know under the lib/ruby directory
> the 1.8 directory holds built-in and standard library Ruby source
> code and
> the gems directory holds Ruby source code for libraries install as
> gems.
>
> What gets placed in site_ruby? Is it libraries not installed as gems?
> Why does it contain tk code?

site_ruby (named in convention with site_lisp and others) is a
standard location for (you guessed it) libraries.

If it contains tk code, I'd bet that something installed it there.
Neither of my installations (one came with OSX, the other built from
source) contains anything to do with tk.

matthew smillie.