Re: Find.find or Dirwith spaces in filenames?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ezra Z. [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 1:03 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Find.find or Dir[**/*] with spaces in filenames?

 @count_conv = 0
  puts "Converted to #{@scale}x#{@scale} #{file}..."
       end
       @count_conv += 1
 @log_file << "\n\n#{@count_conv} logos were converted to

correctly sized gifs.\n\n\n"
end

This looks ok to me. File.find yields files and directories with spaces
without any problem. Perhaps the problem is with the “convert”
function.

The easiest workaround (if that’s the case) is to rename the file before
passing it to convert, replacing spaces with underscores.

Otherwise, you’ll have to be more specific about the error you’re
getting.

Regards,

Dan

Daniel-

Doh! Your of course correct. I wasn't looking in the right place to

see what I was doing. This will let me finish what I need to do.

Thanks
-Ezra