Forum: Rails Engines Newbie question: rake engine_migrate ENGINE=login

Jonathan W. (Guest)
on 2006-01-27 20:55
OK, I'm trying to set up my first use of login and user engine
application. Environment is on OS X.

When I run
  rake engine_migrate ENGINE=login
I get:
  The db/migrate directory for engine 'login_engine' appears to be
missing

However, I can see
vendor/plugins/login_engine/db/migrate/001_initial_schema.rb and I think
I have followed all the instructions.

Umm, what did I miss?

Thanks in advance, Jonathan
Manuel (Guest)

this is a problem in the following file:

..vendor/plugins/engines/tasks/engine.rake

around line #22

Please remove 'RAILS_ROOT, ' from the following line and try again.

-----------
migration_directory = File.join(RAILS_ROOT, engine.root, 'db',
'migrate')
-----------

Kind regards,

Manuel

----- Nachricht von removed_email_address@domain.invalid ---------
      Datum: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:55:52 +0100
        Von: Jonathan W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Antwort an: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
    Betreff: [Engine-users] Newbie question: rake engine_migrate
ENGINE=login
         An: removed_email_address@domain.invalid

> vendor/plugins/login_engine/db/migrate/001_initial_schema.rb and I think
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

----- Ende der Nachricht von removed_email_address@domain.invalid -----
Jonathan W. (Guest)
on 2006-01-28 19:39
Manuel

Thank you very much.  In fact I tried again before applying your
suggested change and the problem had gone.

The difference is that I'm now running in a Locomotive environment
(rather that the home generated one I had when the problem occurred).
So I'm sorry to have taken up bandwidth on this forum, but I guess it
goes to show the value of Locomotive.

Once again thanks,  Jonathan
Michael A. (Guest)
on 2006-01-31 07:10
Manuel,
   Thanks for posting this info.  It saved me a lot of hunting and
pecking.  I saw the same behaviour on Windows.
-MLA

Manuel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is a problem in the following file:
>
> ..vendor/plugins/engines/tasks/engine.rake
>
> around line #22
>
> Please remove 'RAILS_ROOT, ' from the following line and try again.
>
> -----------
> migration_directory = File.join(RAILS_ROOT, engine.root, 'db',
> 'migrate')
> -----------
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Manuel
>

> ----- Nachricht von removed_email_address@domain.invalid ---------
>       Datum: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:55:52 +0100
>         Von: Jonathan W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
> Antwort an: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
>     Betreff: [Engine-users] Newbie question: rake engine_migrate
> ENGINE=login
>          An: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
>

>> vendor/plugins/login_engine/db/migrate/001_initial_schema.rb and I think
>> removed_email_address@domain.invalid
>>

> ----- Ende der Nachricht von removed_email_address@domain.invalid -----
James A. (Guest)
This fix was included in the latest Engines plugin release (1.0.6)

- james

On 1/31/06, Michael A. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > this is a problem in the following file:

* J *
  ~