Forum: Ruby on Rails can RoR work togehter with PHP

Janis Lanka (Guest)
on 2006-01-26 19:08
Can PHP and Ruby on Rails work together? basically, if we decide that we
want to build some additions to php product in RoR...can it be done?
Jeff J. (Guest)
on 2006-01-26 19:10
Janis Lanka wrote:
> Can PHP and Ruby on Rails work together? basically, if we decide that we
> want to build some additions to php product in RoR...can it be done?

The WIKI has an example of someone integrating RoR into PHPBB. It may
provide some useful information.

http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/PhpBB+Integration
Dallas Pool (Guest)
on 2006-01-26 22:37
Janis Lanka wrote:
> Can PHP and Ruby on Rails work together? basically, if we decide that we
> want to build some additions to php product in RoR...can it be done?

We have setup rails web host to run as the default, however if a PHP
file extension is found or the index of a folder under /public contains
an index.php file then the server will run PHP instead of ruby.

http://masterwebdesign.net/services/web_hosting_solutions/
james (Guest)
on 2006-04-18 19:37
Dallas Pool wrote:
> Janis Lanka wrote:
>> Can PHP and Ruby on Rails work together? basically, if we decide that we
>> want to build some additions to php product in RoR...can it be done?
>

> We have setup rails web host to run as the default, however if a PHP
> file extension is found or the index of a folder under /public contains
> an index.php file then the server will run PHP instead of ruby.
>
> http://masterwebdesign.net/services/web_hosting_solutions/

Can you supply details on how you configured your server to do this?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

James