Forum: Ruby on Rails @params Hash Access

Eric W. (Guest)
I am trying to load an ActiveRecord object from an ID within a hidden
field in a submitted form. How do I do it?

I get this into the controller with the request:

   Parameters: {"action"=>"index", "website"=>{"id"=>"7"},
"controller"=>"msa/setup"}

So, how do I load the Website object from ID 7?

     @website = Website.new(params[:website])
     @website.reload()

That fails, and this is a crappy way to do it anyway.

   Website.find(params[:website[:id]])

fails as well. How do I get to that ID?

--ejw

Eric W.
Email: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Ezra Z. (Guest)
On Jan 25, 2006, at 11:49 AM, Eric W. wrote:

> Eric W.
> Email: removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Website.find(params[:website][:id])

You were almost there ;)