Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: html special char conversion

Mikhail S. (Guest)
Ok, I've solved that after doing something that I can't understand:
I've removed 'h' symbol from the beginning of this string: "<%=h
cpu.send(column.name) %>"
It is still interesting what I've done :)
Alex Y. (Guest)
Mikhail S. wrote:
> Ok, I've solved that after doing something that I can't understand:
> I've removed 'h' symbol from the beginning of this string: "<%=h
> cpu.send(column.name) %>"
> It is still interesting what I've done :)
The h is an alias for html_escape, if that makes things any clearer...
Mikhail S. (Guest)
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 18:30:28 +0000
Alex Y. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Mikhail S. wrote:
> > Ok, I've solved that after doing something that I can't understand:
> > I've removed 'h' symbol from the beginning of this string: "<%=h
> > cpu.send(column.name) %>"
> > It is still interesting what I've done :)
> The h is an alias for html_escape, if that makes things any clearer...

Yes, thanks. Where can I read about other aliases?