Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby on Rails Presentation Wed (1/24) night in Menlo Park, C

Tyler K. (Guest)
I'll be giving a 60 to 90 minute presentation covering Ruby on Rails in
the San
Francisco bay area.  Anyone interested in a quick introduction to Rails
is
welcome to come.  The talk will be focused on Rails, but we'll also
field
questions about how the rest of our site (Zvents) works.  Here are the
event
details:

http://www.zvents.com/events/show/211380

If you're interested in attending, please RSVP to stas <at> khirman.com
and
bring $5 to help cover pizza costs.

Tyler
Nshbrown N. (Guest)
Love the "delta" :)

-Nb

Maybe you can videotape the presentation and put it on the net, so a
wider
audience can enjoy?

Regards,

Harm de Laat
Bernd Goldschmidt (Guest)
> Maybe you can videotape the presentation and put it on the net, so a wider
> audience can enjoy?

I second that.
All the videos to Rails I've seen so far always helped me improving my
skills.

Bernd
Rich M. (Guest)
In case anyone is confused, the Zvents posting clarifies
that the presentation is actually on the 25th (tonight).

It's too bad that this was scheduled on top of my monthly
Beer and Scripting SIG (http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/bass); I
would have enjoyed attending.  It's quite ironic that,
while folks in other locations are having trouble getting
together at all, we're actually having schedule conflicts!

I concur with the suggestions about videotaping.  I also
suspect that Bosco So would be very pleased to have this
presentation offered to the SF Ruby Meetup
(http://ruby.meetup.com/6).

-r
--
Technical editing and writing, programming, and web development:
  http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume

Contact information: removed_email_address@domain.invalid, +1 650-873-7841
Tyler K. (Guest)
on 2006-01-26 09:25
Bernd Goldschmidt wrote:
>> Maybe you can videotape the presentation and put it on the net, so a wider
>> audience can enjoy?
>
> I second that.
> All the videos to Rails I've seen so far always helped me improving my
> skills.

Sorry guys, there was no time to arrange for video equipment on short
notice.  I'll definitely keep it in mind if/when I do it again.
Harm de Laat (Guest)
Okay... Don't worry... Better luck next time! How did it go anyway?
Adam D. (Guest)
If the demo will be done on the computer is there some sort of tool to
track the work being done on the laptop (similar to DHH's first blog
demo) without video ?  Then all you would need to do is record audio.

 just a thought.

adam