Forum: Ruby ActiveRecord automatic quoted identifiers

Jeremy (Guest)
Is there a way to tell ActiveRecord to automatically quote all
table/column/etc. identifiers in the SQL that it generates?  I just
upgraded to MySql 5 and we have a database table named "Release"...
This is a new reserved word.  Bummer.

I want ActiveRecord to automatically generate SQL like:

SELECT `name` FROM `Release`
instead of:
SELECT name FROM Release

I can use ActiveRecord::Base#set_table_name to deal with this
particular case but it seems like a bit of a hack.  Anyone know if
there's a global setting for this in database.yml or something?

Jeremy
Christian N. (Guest)
"Jeremy" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> I can use ActiveRecord::Base#set_table_name to deal with this
> particular case but it seems like a bit of a hack.  Anyone know if
> there's a global setting for this in database.yml or something?

+1.  I was once bitten by using the PostgreSQL reserved word "user" as
column name, which is the *only* function that can be called without
parentheses.  *sigh*.