Forum: Ruby on Rails Unitialized constant

Doug H. (Guest)
In Agile Web D. with Rails, I get this error when adding a
product to my cart:

uninitialized constant Cart
Application Trace:
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.2.5/lib/
active_support/dependencies.rb:200:in `const_missing'
./public/../config/../app/controllers/store_controller.rb:21:in
`find_cart'
./public/../config/../app/controllers/store_controller.rb:9:in
`add_to_cart'

This error occured while loading the following files:
    cart.rb

Any ideas what I did wrong? I can't find a problem with "find_cart"
or "add_to_cart". My cart.rb class has been created.

Thanks,
Doug
Benoit G. (Guest)
On 2006-01-24 17:06:41 -0500, Doug H.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid> said:

> This error occured while loading the following files:
>     cart.rb
>
> Any ideas what I did wrong? I can't find a problem with "find_cart"  or
> "add_to_cart". My cart.rb class has been created.
>
> Thanks,
> Doug

If you are storing Cart object in the session, you must load the models
explicitly in the controller.

In AWDWR (p.81 of the pdf):

  model :cart
  model :line_item