Forum: Ruby on Rails A way to use link_to_remote in appcontroller?

Dave (Guest)
on 2006-01-24 23:20
Hi, in my ApplicationController, I am creating a bunch of text which is
going to be displayed in my view. However, I would like to use
link_to_remote in whats going to be displayed. Any suggestions on how to
do this?
Benoit G. (Guest)
On 2006-01-24 16:20:38 -0500, Dave
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid> said:

> Hi, in my ApplicationController, I am creating a bunch of text which is
> going to be displayed in my view.

If you're generating a bunch of text for the view, you should be using
a Helper instead. I'm curious... why do you absolutely need this
content to be generated inside the controller ?
Dave (Guest)
on 2006-01-25 03:32
Benoit G. wrote:
> If you're generating a bunch of text for the view, you should be using
> a Helper instead. I'm curious... why do you absolutely need this
> content to be generated inside the controller ?

Oh, now I see. There was no reason for me to be using the controller; my
mistake.

Thanks!