Forum: Ruby how to run just one test method in a test case

nicknameoptional (Guest)
for example, I have a testcase class, which has test_1, test2, test3
.... methods. how to run just one of the test, like test_1? Thanks
Marcel Molina Jr. (Guest)
On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 05:03:13AM +0900, nicknameoptional wrote:
> for example, I have a testcase class, which has test_1, test2, test3
> .... methods. how to run just one of the test, like test_1? Thanks

The -n option.

You can run a test by name

e.g.

  ruby tc_foo.rb -n test_foo_1

or by pattern match

  ruby tc_foo.rb -n /foo_2/

marcel
nicknameoptional (Guest)
thanks. should read my rails book more carefully.