Forum: Ruby on Rails Code coverage tools in Ruby?

Brian L. (Guest)
Can anyone help me find a code coverage tool in ruby?

What I want is: given a set of tests that I run, what lines of my code
and what routines are covered. And also a list of uncovered routines
and tests.

I couldn't find an open source one out there...

--
www.kenlet.com
Matthew P. (Guest)
On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 02:53:30PM -0800, Brian L. wrote:
> Can anyone help me find a code coverage tool in ruby?
>
> What I want is: given a set of tests that I run, what lines of my code
> and what routines are covered. And also a list of uncovered routines
> and tests.
>
> I couldn't find an open source one out there...

I'm using the 'coverage' gem to get the odd bit of statistic.  It's slow
as
buggery, and isn't perfect, but it exists and is released under Ruby's
licence.

- Matt
Brian L. (Guest)
cool, thanks, I'll try it out.

On 1/23/06, Matthew P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> buggery, and isn't perfect, but it exists and is released under Ruby's
> licence.
>
> - Matt

www.kenlet.com
Stefan K. (Guest)

You could try Ruby Coverage Validator (http://www.softwareverify.com/),
if you're on Windows. I haven't tried it myself, only Ruby Performance
Validator, which is excellent.

-- stefan

--
For rails performance tuning, see: http://railsexpress.de/blog
gem install insurance

It is a lot faster.

On 1/24/06, Brian L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > > I couldn't find an open source one out there...
> >

> --
> www.kenlet.com

Jon S.
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Tom M. (Guest)
Where are the docs on how to use insurance?

--
-- Tom M.