Forum: Ruby ruby-opengl glut on osx

tsuraan (Guest)
I grabbed the port of ruby-opengl for OSX from
http://www.lazyatom.com/software/opengl-0.32f.tar.gz and installed it.
 When I try to run any program (or even require 'opengl', I get the
following error, which kills ruby:

objc: failed objc_getClass(NSObject) for GLUTApplication->isa->isa
objc: please link appropriate classes in your program

Trace/BPT trap

I don't know much about OSX programming, so I have no idea what this
means.  When the library links, it does link against the OpenGL and
GLUT frameworks, so I would think it would know where to find the glut
and OpenGL stuff, but maybe it doesn't.  Any help would be much
appreciated.
James A. (Guest)
I have an updated version of my patched OpenGL module - I'll post
details in a reply to this thread in the next few days.

- james
tsuraan (Guest)
On 23/01/06, James A. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I have an updated version of my patched OpenGL module - I'll post
> details in a reply to this thread in the next few days.

Thanks!
anne001 (Guest)
I would be interested.

I was able to get opengl and glut to work on tiger, but only when the
file is in the install folder opengl-0.32g
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/brow...

so I am interested if there is another way of installing opengl, so I
can have my files anywhere on my computer.
James A. (Guest)
I've uploaded my updated version of the OpenGL extensions to the
following URL:

http://www.lazyatom.com/software/opengl-0.32g.tar.gz

You should have the Developer Tools and the GLUT framework sources
(available from Apple) installed for this. It builds and links against
the Apple-native OpenGL/GLUT libraries, so no X11 is involved.

- james