From: Michael T.
To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 1:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Rails] [Announcement] Google: Evil or Not?

Cool site. Nice work.

Michael T.

On 1/13/06, Ugo C. [email protected] wrote:
“Google: Evil or Not?” is my first Rails webapp and I’ve just made
it
public at http://evilornot.info

Do you still believe the "Do no evil" Google mantra? Do you think
Google Book Search, the AOL deal, and Larry and Sergey's 767 point

Google losing it’s pristine morality and turning over to the dark
side?

Now you can discover what the world thinks and contribute your own
opinion. Head over to Google: Evil or Not? and vote with your mouse.
Every day, the site presents you with a selection of relevant news
snippets and, for each one of them, you can select the level of
Google evilness, or lack thereof, that is suggested by it. Let the
collective wisdom of the Web decide whether Google is evil or not!

        Ugo

P.S.: Thanks to the folks at Planet Argon for helping me set it up.

--
Ugo C.
Tech Blog: http://agylen.com/

Il giorno 14/gen/06, alle ore 21:15, Bill W. ha scritto:

I agree. Cool. Amusing topic, too :wink:

The main thing that recently got me off my butt and started
actively trying to get through a hands-on evaluation of RoR is a
need to do an on-line survey. What does it take to produce
something like this? Is / are there a tutorial(s) that would cover
the basics? I’m a Ruby N. too, not just Rails.

I was a Ruby and Rails newbie as well but was able to put together
the site in a few evenings. I relied almost entirely on the AWDR book
for guidance. The only problems I had were with Ajax stuff not
working as expected under Safari. I must say that development was a
breeze.

Ugo