Forum: Ruby on Rails Creating thumbnail on the fly

Thiago J. (Guest)
I was doing some research about creating thumbnail images on the fly
after an image has been uploaded in a form, but for some reason it's not
working for me. I've downloaded ImageMagick 6.2.5 for Mac but when I run
a test (identify image.gif) it gives me this error:

dyld: Library not loaded: /sw/lib/libjpeg.62.dylib
  Referenced from: /Developer/ImageMagick-6.2.5/bin/identify
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

So I downloaded and compiled that library but still not working. Also I
don't know why it's getting the link from /sw/lib.

Any help about fixing this or another alternative to it would be
appreciated.
Bill P. (Guest)
I recently switched to Locomotive (http://
locomotive.sourceforge.net/) for my development environment and now
wonder why I was making things so hard before :-) I has all the
Majick libs you need all ready to go.

Once you get that going, grab file_column makes uploading and
resizing images a piece of cake. - http://www.kanthak.net/opensource/
file_column/

On Jan 20, 2006, at 10:35 AM, Thiago J. wrote:

> So I downloaded and compiled that library but still not working.
> Also I don't know why it's getting the link from /sw/lib.
>
> Any help about fixing this or another alternative to it would be
> appreciated.

- Bill