Forum: Ruby on Rails Process watchdogging anyone ?

Francois B. (Guest)
Hi !

I have Lighttpd and SCGI clusters running my applications.  I
self-host at RimuHosting, but I find that my processes die sometimes.
I'm not a Linux administrator, so I simply want some kind of
watchdogging process to ensure my stuff keeps on truckin'.

I found Watchdog::Process on CPAN, but it won't install.  There's some
kind of error.  Launchd would be ideal, unfortunately, I'm on Debian.

Anyone has a good solution ?  Maybe I should simply switch to FastCGI
and let Lighty handle the details ?

Thanks !
Charles M. Gerungan (Guest)
On 20-jan-2006, at 17:42, Francois B. wrote:

> Anyone has a good solution ?  Maybe I should simply switch to FastCGI
> and let Lighty handle the details ?

Supervise your processes (lighty and the responders separately) using
either daemontools or runit. See http://www.defendem.com/ for a
sparse explanation but great installation instructions. We don't use
Debian so I can't help you there.

--
Regards, Charles.
Francois B. (Guest)
> Supervise your processes (lighty and the responders separately) using
> either daemontools or runit. See http://www.defendem.com/ for a
> sparse explanation but great installation instructions. We don't use
> Debian so I can't help you there.

I get an "Application Error (Rails)" :(

Thanks for the hints !
Ezra Z. (Guest)
On Jan 20, 2006, at 8:42 AM, Francois B. wrote:

> Anyone has a good solution ?  Maybe I should simply switch to FastCGI
> and let Lighty handle the details ?
>
> Thanks !
> --
> Fran├žois Beausoleil
> http://blog.teksol.info/

Francois

	Daedalus is a pure ruby daemon that monitors processes for you at
timed intervals and restarts them if they fail. I use it all the time
and it works great.

Cheers-
-Ezra Z.
WebMaster