Forum: Ruby on Rails sqlite3

Chris Lowder (Guest)
ok... so I'm trying to get sqlite3 up and running on my app but i keep
hitting a wall when i try to install the gem... I've got all the right
bits a pieces installed (i can run sqlite from the console and create
databases and such) but gems keeps telling me that it can access the
ruby header file. but, i can can find this file in spotlight not
problems (and no there is nothing wrong with my install of rails, I've
build and installed it from scratch and it has been working without
flaw)...

so my question is... is there a way to tell ruby gems where it should
be looking for the ruby.h file ?

thanks in advance for any help you can give,
  Chris
Nate D. (Guest)
on 2006-01-20 17:17
I followed the instructions here:
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/HowtoUseSQLite  and it has been
working fine for me.

I should also note that I followed the directions here:
http://hivelogic.com/articles/2005/12/01/ruby_rail...
to build my own Ruby.