Von: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
[mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid] Im Auftrag von David
Harrison *EXTERN*
Gesendet: Freitag, 20. Jänner 2006 11:25
An: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Betreff: Re: [Rails] Linux Suggestions

Is this thread an indication that what would be really cool is a
Linux bootable CD distro built specifically for Ruby on Rails?

Would be great to have something that would boot to KDE/Gnome with
Firefox, several Ruby editors and a few nice icons that said things
like 'Start Rails Test Server' and several cool Rails apps for demo
purposes. Of course Ruby and Rails would come pre-configured with all
the bells and whistles so that newbies and demos could run without
hassle.

That way if you give a talk about Rails you can hand out test CD's
afterwards or if you needed to do a remote demo you take the CD and a
flash key with your Rails app and boot from a client's desktop onsite.

David

On 20/01/2006, at 8:23 PM, Leon wrote:

> On 1/20/06, matthew clark <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>>  matt
>>> On 1/16/06, Jason C.
> Like the idea - how'd you call it, "railix"? ;)

ActiveLinux

(Before anyone thinks I'm serious... NO)