Forum: Ruby on Rails reload controller with FCGI

Adam D. (Guest)
since webrick does not need to run with FCGI  how do you get a rails
app in FCGI mode to reload the controller (since it caches in
production).  Is it simply a restart of apache ?

adam
Will B. (Guest)
Run the command "script/process/reaper reload" in your Rails base
directory.

-Will
Tom F. (Guest)
Check out the "Better FCGI" section in these Rails release notes:
http://documentation.rubyonrails.com/release_notes/rc2.html

There's also documentation here on how to do this:
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/LighttpdWi...
Adam D. (Guest)
thanks guys.  I am  a little confused though.

 I am running fastcgi in production mode (production.log is updated
and INITIAL_ENV is set to prodction), however i am able to make
changes to controllers without restarting.

I just added a new controller and rails picked it up and displayed it.
 isnt this not supposed to happen in production mode ?

adam
Ezra Z. (Guest)
Adam-

	You have run into an exception to the rule. In production mode,
changes to the controllers and models will not be picked up until you
restart. But if you add entirely new controllers and models, they
will be picked up the first time you hit them from a browser. After
that, they will not show changes until the webserver is bounced.

Cheers-
-Ezra

On Jan 19, 2006, at 2:33 PM, Adam D. wrote:

>> From: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
>> adam

-Ezra Z.
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
http://yakimaherald.com
509-577-7732
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Adam D. (Guest)
that would definitely explain it thanks !