Forum: Ruby on Rails any one know this problem?

Joe B. (Guest)
on 2006-01-19 20:48
i install ruby-1.8.4, seems everything is ok
but, when i do this:
irb(main):001:0> require 'URI'
LoadError: no such file to load -- URI
        from (irb):1:in `require'
        from (irb):1

is something i missed?
matthew clark (Guest)
I vaguly remember that same issue.  On a Debian box, I did this, and
found
the package I needed :

apt-cache search 'irb' |grep ruby

don't know if that will help or not.

matt
Bruce B. (Guest)
Joe:

Not familiar with the problem but why not try Locomotive. Google
rails locomotive ruby and you'll find it.  It took away ALL my
installation woes and is IMHO a great simplifier and wonderful
environment. That said, best to try it for yourself and make your own
mind up.

bruce
Rob Orsini (Guest)
On Jan 19, 2006, at 10:48 AM, Joe B. wrote:

> i install ruby-1.8.4, seems everything is ok
> but, when i do this:
> irb(main):001:0> require 'URI'
> LoadError: no such file to load -- URI
>         from (irb):1:in `require'